The beautifully maintained landscaping that surrounds the Shadelands Ranch house and the picturesque rose-bush-surrounded gazebo provide the perfect setting for any outdoor social event — from a summer wedding to a family reunion, from a corporate retreat to a community get-together.
When you host an event at Shadelands Ranch, you and your guests will be reminded of the gracious hospitality extended to Ranch guests in days gone by.
The convenient location and cost-effective, uncomplicated pricing make Shadelands Ranch an ideal venue.
Available for rentals from April through October, the outdoor setting of Shadelands Ranch offers these features (see venue layout):
- Large lawn area beneath the trees that will seat 250-300 guests
- A classic,19th-Century gazebo that can be used as a stage, for a head table, or for cocktails or buffet service
- Large paved patio perfect for dancing
- Victorian-style wrap-around porch
- Beautiful rose beds and well-manicured landscaping
- Picnic area with tables shaded by large oak trees
- Large, majestic oak trees that provide ample shade and from which lighting can be hung for events
- Historic ambiance that includes a circa-1902 water tank house and worker cabin
- Small kitchen facility for caterer staging with gas range and oven, refrigerator, and dishwasher
- Changing porch
- Modern restrooms
- Plenty of off-street parking
- Use of 150 chairs and 30 tables
- On-site event staff to assist during the event
The grounds of the Shadelands Ranch are available for non-commercial use by individuals, families, businesses, and non-profit organizations from April through October.
Have questions? Check out our Facility Rental FAQ.
courtesy of www.dangelolighting.com
Rental Rates and Fees
Pricing is straight forward and uncomplicated. Compared to most venues offering similar garden settings, the grounds are available at an exceptional value, with few add-on fees. Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Hourly rate: $600 per hour
- Three (3) hour minimum
- Event must conclude no later than 10 p.m. and clean up by 11 p.m.
- Rental time must include set-up, decorating, and take-down/clean-up time
- Wedding rehearsal time of up to 90 minutes included (to be scheduled with Event Coordinator)
- Tables and chairs: Rental fee includes use of up to 150 chairs and 30 tables. Additional tables and chairs (up to maximum inventory) available
- Custodial fee: $200 set-up/take-down and custodial fee for weddings over 150 guests.
- Damage deposit: $1000, fully refundable if premises are left in good condition
- Kitchen: $100 optional fee for use of kitchen (limited)
- Reservation fee: Minimum $600 (Non-Refundable) to hold a date, applied to rental fees
The Shadelands Ranch is available for rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
To secure a reservation, the following is required:
- A minimum deposit of $600, applied to total rental fees
- Signed Contract, Rules and Regulations and ancillary documents
- Payment in full of all fees 30 days in advance of the event
- Certificate of Insurance provided at least 30 days prior to the event (The Certificate of Insurance must carry minimum liability coverage of $1,000,000 and must name the Walnut Creek Historical Society [WCHS] and the City of Walnut Creek as additional insureds, at no cost to either WCHS or the City.)
We would love to host your event. To check our rental calendar for availability or to schedule a tour, contact our business office. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have and help make your special event great.
Tours of the grounds are available Sunday – Saturday by appointment only! Please contact our business office to schedule a tour.