Want to share local history with the community?
Enjoy teaching children?
Is historical research your passion?
Like office work?
Just want to make new friends?
The Walnut Creek Historical Society always welcomes new volunteers.
Volunteering for the Historical Society is enriching and fun. No prior experience is required and the Historical Society provides the necessary training. Time commitments are flexible.
Take a look at our volunteer opportunities, then fill out our online Volunteer form or complete and mail our Volunteer form. You also may contact us if you want to help!
- Shadelands Ranch Museum docent: Welcome guests and lead visitors on tours of the historic house, built in 1903 by Hiram Penniman and a site on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Living History 1906 educators: Help give local third-grade students the hands-on experience about early 1900s life on the Shadelands Ranch.
- Downtown tour docent: Guide downtown walking tours, describing historic sites, for adults (second Saturday mornings) or third-grade students (weekday mornings).
- Event helper: Assist at seasonal events at Shadelands Ranch such as the Victorian Tea, Holiday Faire, or Annual Antiques and Crafts Show.
- Collections and archives: Help Historical Society and others do research on local history and maintain historical collections.